According to a recent study, a whopping 90% of female employees struggle with impostor syndrome. What’s even more shocking? This happens to people regardless of their level of expertise, it’s a psychological pattern that often isn’t noticed until the symptoms start to become overwhelming. In fact, only about 25% of those surveyed are aware of their symptoms.
Females in leadership positions deal with enough pressure, so recognizing impostor syndrome can help you stay on track and focus on business goals. Impostor syndrome presents itself in different ways, some of the symptoms include:
- Believing your success is based on luck.
- You might think people will “discover” that you are somehow unqualified for your position, even though you are.
- Self-doubt and thinking that you don’t deserve the praise you receive.
- Constant fear that you are going to disappoint people.
- Setting far-fetched goals and being hard on yourself when you (realistically) fall short.
The only way to grow as a leader is to face your mental challenges head-on, but it isn’t easy to do it alone.
Registration is now open for the next 6-week Positive Intelligence® Mental Fitness Foundation program starting January 21, 2023. The program is based on Shirzad Chamine’s Positive Intelligence® work.
You will learn to use negative emotions as a helpful alert and then quickly shift to the positive region of the brain that has the calm, clarity, objectivity and creativity to handle life’s challenges more effectively.
For more information and to register: https://redworkscoaching.com/services/executive-coaching/positive-intelligence-increasing-your-mental-fitness/6-week-mental-fitness-foundation-program/
Your organization may be eligible for funding.