What is coaching?
Coaching helps close the gap between where you are and where you want to be in your personal and professional life. Coaching focuses on helping you move toward the future you want to create for yourself. It is results driven and solutions focused – very little time is spent on the issue or problem and details of that issue because we want you be forward looking to get the results you want.
There doesn’t need to be a problem or issue to benefit from coaching – life can be ticking along just fine but you just want to make small positive changes and create an even better life for yourself.
“Coaching helps people close the gap between where they are now, where they want to be in their personal and professional lives and what will they do about getting there.”
What is Results Coaching?
- Is self-directed- the coachee is in the driver’s seat
- Is solution focused and results driven
- Helps the coachee to find their own answers
- Stretches and challenges the coachee
- Is delivered in a structured fashion with a lot of positive feedback
- Is delivered over time to create lasting change. It’s not intended to be a quick fix that dissipates once you head back into your life.
How long is a coaching program?
An effective program for the client is a coaching engagement of 12 sessions over a 90 day period. This is the amount of time that it takes for a coachee to make to create new habits for lasting change. The client is encouraged to have weekly sessions for the first month. After the first month, the coach and coachee may determine together to switch to bi-weekly sessions to have more time to work on actions.
Over the course of 12 sessions, clients will
- Create three motivating, challenging and inspiring goals aligned with your core values
- Produce a specific, clear, progressive (one step at a time) and positive strategies
- Identify and take concrete action toward your goals every week
- Review the effectiveness of each action
- Monitor your progress
- Reach great insights
- Create new habits that will help you in many areas of your life
- Become excited and energized by progress made on your goals
- Receive positive feedback in a safe and respectful manner
- Be stretched to use your knowledge to think and do things differently
- Learn new discoveries about yourself
- Gain more confidence
- Learn new skills and
- Build new habits
What does the coaching program look like?
In the first two sessions goals and strategies are developed in three goal areas. In sessions 3 – 11 the client and coach will set and review actions; monitor results and make mid-course corrections. Session 12 is a look back on the coachee’s journey – from beginning to end – with a quick recap of goals, strategies, actions, major insights and learnings of the journey. This look back is quite powerful and can be emotional for both coachee and coach!
The coaching program is personal, dedicated to you and your needs focused on the future – it’s your learning journey.
How quickly do clients see results?
Clients will get new ideas about their goals from the first session. Clients start to take concrete action toward their goals after the second session. If clients are committed to their goals and do the necessary work to attain their goals, they will make progress each and every week.
Who can benefit from coaching?
- high-achievers who want to attain even further goals faster and easier
- individuals who want to integrate life and professional transformation and change
- individuals who are committed to their personal and professional growth
- organizations who want to:
- develop their up-and-coming young leaders to succeed
- to develop high performing teams
Can the results be guaranteed?
As a responsible and ethical coach, I cannot guarantee any specific results. Because the program is self-directed – you’re in the driver’s seat – it is completely up to you as to how much time, energy and effort you will put into attaining your goals.
What I can guarantee is that if you make a commitment to yourself and to me to do the work, you will:
- see weekly results making measurable progress
- be stretched to use your knowledge in different ways to start to think differently and do things in a different way
- learn new discoveries about yourself
- gain more confidence
- learn new skills
- build new habits and
- receive a lot of positive feedback
Why do I coach?
I coach to help you create the life you want by learning more about yourself, identify limiting beliefs and building new and positive habits.
What are the benefits of working with me as your coach?
I believe that you have the power to make positive changes in your life to create and live the life you want. As a coach I am there to facilitate a conversation and to allow that conversation to unfold in a way that’s appropriate to you.
My key strengths that I bring as a coach are:
- an enthusiastic supporter of your success
- my commitment to working with you throughout the process to help you discover, learn, grow and achieve your goals
- my commitment to provide you with a safe and positive environment for you to be able to think and create andan incredible passion to help you maximize your potential
“As a coach I am there to facilitate a conversation, to allow a conversation to unfold in a way that’s appropriate to you.
The real value for you
The goals, strategies and actions are important because it get the coachee to focus on areas to work on and to take more effective action. However the real value of coaching tends to be:
- the emotional journey you will go through
- the new confidence you will develop
- the new personal discoveries you will make
- the new skills you will learn and
- the new habits you will build.
The goals, strategies and actions framework facilitate this journey ensuring that the learning, growth and development takes place.