Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends. – Walt Disney
Great service doesn’t happen by accident. Superior customer service is all about transforming ordinary service into something extraordinary.
Great service creates memorable customer experiences, identifies and responds to customer needs and turns dissatisfied customers into loyal fans.
Creating a service culture requires an investment in training to develop skills and to engage frontline staff, supervisors and managers in conversations about the importance of providing superior service.
With the Service Best program, staff will gain the skills required and boost their confidence to deliver great customer service.
About Service Best
Service Best is an award-winning, internationally recognized program designed to assist frontline staff in the delivery of superior customer service.
Service Best is available to any organization who wants to create memorable customer experiences for their customers.
Your business will gain a competitive edge with Service Best trained professionals.
What you will learn
Service Best is a highly interactive one-day (8 hour) in-person workshop that provides useful tools to help participants create memorable customer experiences, identify and respond to customer needs, and turn dissatisfied customers into loyal allies.
- Know the difference between ordinary and exceptional service
- Know how to identify and respond to customer needs and provide them with a memorable positive experience
- Learn how to apply a pro-active, solution-focused approach to customer service
- Learn how to adopt a professional and positive attitude to improve your ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Identify changes and actions to be implemented to improve ability to provide exceptional customer service
Through a combination of facilitator-led discussions, individual and group exercises, participants will cover the following topics:
- define what customer service is
- discuss what customers value
- learn the Service Best Philosophy
Unit One – Your Best Service
- understand how to deliver customer service from the customer’s perception
- define internal and external customers
- learn a technique to better understand the customers’ perceptions and expectations
- discover a tool to help employees clarify what they need to do to meet and exceed expectations of service
- Identify the core set of skills to exceed customer’s expectations
Unit Two – Service Recovery
- understand what is service recovery
- understand the role and importance of customer feedback
- understand how to handle difficult situations
- Identify the core set of skills to resolve a customer’s problem and dissatisfaction
- learn a technique to map the customer journey
Unit three – Service Best Attitude
- discuss the behaviours and qualities required to develop and maintain the attitude necessary for providing excellent service
- identify the barriers to effective communication
- identify personal hot buttons
- understand how to take control of your attitude
- learn the five steps to a winning attitude
- complete a Service Best Self-Assessment and Action Contract
- discover the Service Best Commitment
Written or online knowledge check consisting of 25 multiple-choice questions. A certificate is provided upon successfully obtaining an 80% pass mark.
The program is delivered by a qualified STEC facilitator.
The program includes a workbook and a knowledge check.
The cost of the program is $2,100 plus GST per class PLUS a location large enough to accommodate a maximum of 24 people.
All participants receive a comprehensive a Service Best workbook.
Grants and Training Funding
Your organization may be eligible for funding through:
The Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant. Employers may be eligible to receive two-thirds of the training cost. Employers can make multiple grant applications to a maximum of $100,000 per fiscal year, and up to $10,000 per individual trainee.
The Re-Skill Saskatchewan Training Program. Employers can make multiple applications to a maximum of $5,000 for the duration of the program.
Please note: Due to high program demand, applications are being prioritized and processed approximately two weeks prior to the start date of training. Applications submitted less than 10 business days prior to the start date of training may not be approved.
For more information, prices or to book a workshop for your organization please contact us.
The Saskatchewan Tourism Education Council (STEC), a Division of Tourism Saskatchewan, developed this workshop in response to the need for specialized training that contributes to professionalism in service delivery in all types of businesses. The success of the program is recognized internationally, currently delivered throughout Canada as well as in Scotland, Ireland, Central America (Spanish) and the Philippines. The program is available to anyone who deals with customers.
About the Facilitator
Marielle Gauthier of Redworks Communications is an associate of STEC, serving as a qualified trainer, facilitator and distributor of Service Best and other programs offered by STEC.