PowerLEAD – a Leadership Development Training Program
A leader in a new role must quickly adapt to new processes, perspectives, and expectations. There is also an expectation for them to ramp up their skills fast and build new key relationships. Leaders often struggle in any one or more of these areas.
This program is a customized program specifically created to support individual leaders with appropriate opportunities to build and improve on skills and to apply the concepts being learned in their day-to-day role.
The goal of the PowerLEAD program is for leaders to increase their leadership effectiveness and success in their roles.
This program is for:
- Emerging leaders
- New and current department or program managers
- Team leaders
The leadership program:
- is customized based on unique training needs
- offers one-on-one training with a certified trainer
- offers practical learning and implementation of skills being learned
- offers strategic advice on how to implement the new skills on the job
Tailored to the leader’s learning needs and goals, leaders will build on their skills and apply tools to increase their level of confidence, competence, and effectiveness.
Topic areas to build understanding and skills regarding:
- Leading practices in leadership of individuals and groups including
- critical thinking
- decision making
- problem solving
- effective presentations
- executing effectively
- time management
- customer service
- Advanced human relations skills including:
- interpersonal and intrapersonal communication
- Conversational Intelligence
- relationship building
- Positive Intelligence (mental fitness)
- conflict management
- Strategic planning and change and transition management
- Advanced understanding of self
- Personal wellbeing
- stress management
- work/life balance
In this customized program, participants will:
- Identify and understand the most important elements of their work to best optimize their leadership role and their self to optimize their leadership presence
- Review and identify leadership and management competencies most critical for success
- Complete a needs assessment to identify their most urgent learning needs including the most important skills they need to develop or improve to strengthen their capacity, performance and presence in their role
- Develop SMART Goals and Objectives
- Design strategies to achieve learning goals and objectives
- Identify performance metrics
- Develop and implement an on-going action plan
- Measure and track key metric indicators
- Meet with the training provider for one-on-one skills building and facilitated application of concepts for 2 hours a month X 12 months
- Receive appropriate curated articles and/or reading book list
The Program Structure
Needs Assessment Session
- identify the relevant leadership and management competencies most critical for success
- get a clear understanding of the leader’s most urgent learning needs and skill improvement requirements
Set Goals and Learning Objectives Session
- develop learning SMART learning goals and objectives
Strategy Design Session
- design strategies to achieve the learning objectives and goals
- Meet with trainer for one-on-one training on identified skills and learning needs
- Apply practice learning and implementation skills being learned using various adult learning techniques (self assessment, role play, case studies, discussion, double loop reflection, feedback, assigned reading, etc.)
- Develop an implementation plan to apply the skills on the job
- Track metrics to measure progress
- Make mid-course corrections as required
- Provide the trainer with monthly Results Report Review (to assess personal learning from action taken since the previous session)
- Ongoing learning journal to track learning experience, insights, progress, issues, obstacles
Total hours: 24 hours plus additional hours for leader to complete assignments.
How Learning Will Be Assessed
In order to receive a Certificate of Completion participants must:
- Apply the skills they are learning on the job
- Provide regular monthly Results Report Review form
- Develop an individual leadership development plan within two weeks of the final session
This program is 24 hours in length per participant.
Check with Coach Marielle for a start date.
The cost of the program is $6000 plus GST/per participant.
The costs include:
- all of the individual skill building and learning sessions and
- training materials
Tuition Fees – individual skill building sessions: $6000 plus GST
Please note: If third-party assessments (PXT, 360, DISC, MBTI, etc.) are required, this would be an additional cost.
For more information, prices or to book a workshop for your organization please contact us.
Grants and Training Funding
Your organization may be eligible for funding through:
The Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant. Employers may be eligible to receive two-thirds of the training cost. Employers can make multiple grant applications to a maximum of $100,000 per fiscal year, and up to $10,000 per individual trainee.
The Re-Skill Saskatchewan Training Program. Employers can make multiple applications to a maximum of $5,000 for the duration of the program.
Please note: Due to high program demand, applications are being prioritized and processed approximately two weeks prior to the start date of training. Applications submitted less than 10 business days prior to the start date of training may not be approved.
About Coach Marielle
Marielle Gauthier, owner of Redworks Communications and Coaching, works with leaders of small to medium-sized organizations to make improvements in individual and team performance and achieve business goals in an efficient and effective manner.
She provides strategic consulting, training, coaching and facilitation in the areas of leader development, employee engagement, career success, effective communication, relationship building, customer service, effective execution, stress management, time management and retirement lifestyle planning.