4 Major Functions of Water In the Body
1. Drinking a healthy amount of water is vital to your health.
By drinking a healthy amount of water, you gain tremendous health benefits, and sometimes you can even throw away your migraine medicine or pain killer.
Before we can appreciate the benefits of drinking water, let’s review the role of water in human body.
2. Functions of Water in the Body
The human body is anywhere from 55% to 78% water depending on body size. A rule of thumb, 2/3 of body is consists of water, and it is the main component of human body. Did you know that your tissues and organs are mainly made up of water? Here is the %:
• Muscle consists of 75% water
• Brain consists of 90% of water
• Bone consists of 22% of water
• Blood consists of 83% water
3. The functions of water in human body are vital.
There are several things that water does for your body:
• Transports nutrients and oxygen into cells
• Moisturizes the air in lungs
• Helps with metabolism
• Protects our vital organ
• Helps our organs to absorb nutrients better
• Regulates body temperature
• Protects and moisturizes our joints
4. Every Cell in Your Body NEEDS Water
Every cell in your body needs water from head to toe. That is why it is so important to drink enough fluid. Take for example, the brain consists of 90% water, if you do not supply enough water to your body, your brain cannot function well, and you will get a headache or a migraine. So the next time when you feel fatigue or have a headache, it may be the sign of dehydration.
Read more about the benefits of drinking water here:
The original article can be found here.