Leaders in transition face a steep learning curve with high expectations and often receive insufficient support to be successful in their new role. In fact, research has shown that nearly 50% of leader transitions fail.
A leader in a new role must quickly adapt to new processes, perspectives, and expectations. There is also an expectation for them to ramp up their skills fast and build new key relationships. Leaders often struggle in any one or more of these areas.
These struggles create risks that can have immense impacts on the business as they can reduce productivity, performance, and engagement of the incoming leader and out further into the organization.
Potential risks are created at every level of the organization and profitability, productivity and morale can be negatively affected.
If struggles are not addressed there will continue to be risks to the business such as interruption of business and service, financial cost increases, revenue loss, staffing challenges, and work relationship difficulties.
The outcome of not addressing these struggles, impact not only the transitioning leader, but their direct reports, partners, other internal as well as external stakeholders including customers.
The Leader Foundations Leadership Academy is a customized program specifically created to support new leaders build a solid foundation to succeed in their new role. This interactive, practical learning and implementation program will get leaders up to speed fast. They will identify skills they need to develop or strengthen to level up and increase their effectiveness.
- identify and understand the most important elements of their work to help them make decisions on how best to optimize their role
- increase their skills to have higher quality and more productive conversations that increase trust
- increase their skills to communicate more simply and powerfully
- learn the skills to execute project plans and tasks more effectively
- learn the skills to resolve unproductive conflict and
- identify what professional skills gap exist and take action to address any gaps
- One orientation and kickoff group webinar (1 hour)
- Managing Myself workshop (1 hour)
- Six monthly half-day workshops (4 hours each)
- Six monthly implementation sessions topic (90 minutes each)
- Individual skill building and learning sessions (12 sessions) for an additional 12 hours
- Accountability team sessions (monthly) (1 hour)
- Assignments pre- and post half-day modules
- Knowledge checks after each half-day module
- participant manual consisting of assessments, quizzes, worksheets, tips, and tools in PDF format
- Development of an individual action plan for learning and building knowledge, skills, and abilities
Total hours: 53 hours plus additional hours to complete the assignments.
Orientation and Kickoff Introductory Session: get a clear understanding of the program overview including expectations for assessment and completion
Module 1 – Success in New Role: identify and understand the most important elements of your work to help you make decisions on how best to optimize your role
Module 2 – Conversational Intelligence: knowing how to have healthier conversations to connect better, strengthen relationships, increase trust and mutual success
Module 3 – Communicate Simply and Powerfully: understanding your communication styles to better communicate with others
Module 4 – Executing Effectively: learn the skills to execute project plans and tasks more effectively
Module 5 – Resolving Unproductive Conflict: learn the skills to resolve unproductive conflict
Module 6 – Closing the Gap and Taking Action: knowing what professional skills gap exists and take action to address the gap
In order to receive a Certificate of Completion participants must:
- complete a knowledge check after each workshop
- complete all assignments and
- provide an individual action plan within two weeks of the final workshop.
The program will be delivered virtually via Zoom.
Participants will receive a PDF version of the Participant Workbook including content, assessments, quizzes, tips, and tools. Links to Google forms will also be provided.
After each half-day workshop, participants will need to answer an online knowledge checks.
The program will run from June 22, 2021 until December 31, 2021.
- Orientation Session, June 22
- Managing Myself workshop, June 24
- Module 1, July 8
- Module 1 Implementation, July 22
- Module 2, July 29
- Module 2 Implementation, August 12
- Module 3, August 26
- Module 3 Implementation, September 9
- Module 4, September 23
- Module 4 Implementation, September 30
- Module 5, October 18
- Module 5 Implementation, October 28
- Module 6, November 10
- Module 6 Implementation, November 25
All individual Skill Building and Learning sessions run from June 22 until December 31.
The cost of the program is $10,000 plus $500 GST/per participant.
The costs include: all workshops, individual skill building and learning sessions, and training materials.
- Training material: $500
- Tuition fees – workshops and individual skill building sessions: $9500
The Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant
Your organization may be eligible for up to $10,000 to help train your employees through the Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant. The Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant helps businesses and non-profit organizations train new or existing employees for available jobs and provides more opportunities for unemployed and underemployed workers to receive training. Through the program, the employer contributes one-third of the training cost, while the federal and provincial government contribute the remaining two-thirds. To learn more about the Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant program.
About the Facilitator
Marielle Gauthier, owner of Redworks Communications and Coaching, works with leaders of small to medium-sized organizations to make improvements in individual and team performance and achieve business goals quicker; and with individuals to help them achieve their personal goals and live their extraordinary life.
She provides coaching, consulting, training, and facilitation in the areas of customer service, succession planning, retirement planning, career success, building better relationships, effective communication, overwhelm and time management, leader development and engaging and mobilizing employees.
Marielle is a certified professional Results executive and personal coach, a Conversational Intelligence coach, an Associate Certified Coach (ACC) with the International Coach Federation, and an Accredited Business Communicator (ABC) with the International Association of Business Communicators.