Being thrust, so suddenly, into a global pandemic, can bring up a lot of feelings. Like anxiety, loneliness, and feeling powerless. When circumstances are beyond our control, it is important to give our attention to the things we CAN control.
Here are 5 things you can control that will support your wellness:
- Eat Healthy – Get your vitamins and minerals by eating fresh fruits and vegetables!
- Sleep Well – Create a supportive bedtime routine and try to go into ‘rest and relaxation mode’ at the same time every night. Try meditation or sleepy-time herbs if you have trouble quieting your mind for sleep.
- Exercise – Getting your blood moving and your heart pumping is not just beneficial to your physical health, it does wonders for your mental health too!
- Drink Water – Staying hydrated is especially important during stressful times.
- Nature – Find ways of connecting with nature! Go for a walk, be in the sunshine at a park, or find places near your community in the wild to be by a river or in a forest. It is so grounding to connect with the earth.
Other things that can feel supportive if you are spiraling from lack of control could be learning a mindfulness or breathwork practice, listening to uplifting music, spending quality time with family members, or choosing a project that you feel inspired to start.
While it is important to be up-to-date on advice from medical experts, reducing your exposure to news and social media could also help you stay focused in the present moment, and grounded in your intuition.
To go deeper into the work of staying grounded or if you need any additional support, send me a private message and I’d be happy to help.