Does the “news” seem synonymous with “bad news” these days?
Lots of medical professionals are looking into the effects of being bombarded by the news.
Psychiatrist Dr. Sheila Jowsy talks about how to avoid media overload by being careful about the amount of negative and/or bad news we’re exposed to.
Some of the side effects you are already familiar with, like feeling discouraged. And if you have struggled with mental health challenges, you might understand how it can contribute to feeling even lower!
There are some things you can do to help cope when things get a little too heavy, thanks to Dr. Jowsy:
– Turn it off – find a cool podcast that shifts your perspective
– Do something positive to help the world, like volunteer
– Go outside and experience nature
– Exercise – relieve some of your stress
– Find and talk about good news – spread the love!