Stay sharp by exercising the muscle that is your brain!
Aging does not necessitate mental decline. Research supports that people who continue to prioritize intellectual stimulation increase their chances of avoiding degenerative diseases like dementia.
Here are some tips for keeping your mind sharp at any age!
- When you’re tempted to reach for the calculator -try doing the math in your head
- Stay mentally stimulated through a good book or through book club debates
- Stretch your mind through games and word puzzles
- Stay socially active – find ways to be plugged into your community
- Learn something new by trying something you’ve never done before
- Engage in a program, course or class
- Plan engaging outings with friends to galleries or theaters etc.
- Find a place you can put your gifts to work by volunteering
- Build regular exercise into your routine
- Plan and cook healthy meals and eat at regular intervals during the day
Leave a comment with YOUR favourite activities for keeping sharp!
Sign up now for our online program Power UP Your Retirement Lifestyle! You deserve the best transition into retirement possible! https://www.powerupyourretirement.com/power-up-insider
#intellectualstimulation #exercise #sociallyactive #volunteering